Renewing Argon oil of Morocco:
*Image from Google*
Product Claims: Penetrates, moisturizes, renews , and creates softness, and strength while protecting your hair from harmful styling heat and UV damage as it gives you smooth , sexy tresses.
Directions: according to the package: Apply a small amount of Argan oil to palm , rub hands together , then apply evenly to surface of damp ( towel dried ) hair working through to ends. I like to also use this before straightening my hair.
Argan oil had been something which I been wanting to try since forever. I had heard many positive reviews regarding this product from family and friends. One day while shopping at target, I decided to head off to the beauty department and finally came across Argan oil. I bought this for around 6 dollars, which was pretty good compared to what I had expected! So finally, after coming home I decided to give this product a try even though my hair was already styled. I took about 3 drops and rubbed the oil between my hands and massaged through my hair evenly. Now my first impression of this product is that it smells AMAZING! My hair has become so much more softer and stronger after using this oil. I have been using this product every time I straighten my hair, and it has made my hair less frizzy and more silky!. I highly recommend everyone to try this product. This stuff is literally amazing. One important thing to remember is making sure you only put a little amount in your hair or it will become oily, and that is not good ! Other than that, go buy this stuff it will leave your hair feeling ah- mazing 🙂
– Smells amazing!
-Makes hair soft, silky, and smooth 🙂
– Helps control Frizz!
Here are some hair care tips for all you lovely ladies to flaunt those shiny tresses this winter season.
Hibiscus mask for shiny and healthy hair:
Hibiscus is known to have many health benefits , one of them being providing nutrition to hair .It helps in making hair grow fast and gives a healthy shine .
- Crush some petals and make a paste by adding a little amount of water.
- Apply this paste to the roots of your hair and leave it for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water .
Fenugreek seeds as conditioner and for curing dandruff:
Fenugreek seeds mask is one of the best conditioner for hair . Not only does it make hair shiny but is also a perfect cure for getting rid of dandruff and stimulates hair growth.
- Soak some seeds overnight and make a paste in the morning .You can also use a powder of the seeds.
- Apply the paste and leave it for a minimum of 30minutes.Make sure the paste doesn’t have any lumps
- Wash off with cold water.
Washing it off can be quite a task so just be a little patient and gentle on hair and ensure that you clean well and no trace of the paste is left behind.
Curd as a conditioner:
I know it smells bad but you can’t really ignore the fact that it is one of the best natural conditioners available .People with oily scalp should skip this as it might get a little difficult to wash off and clean the scalp .
- Apply for about 20 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
Olive oil + Lemon for itchy scalp:
Olive oil is known for its moisturising properties and together with lemon it can be used to cure itchy scalp.
- Take 2 teaspoon of olive oil and mix it with 3 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture and leave for about 20 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
Honey + Olive oil for dry and sun damaged hair :
Honey together with olive oil can be used to hydrate dry and damaged hair , make them soft and control the frizz.
- Take ½ cup of honey and mix 1 teaspoon of olive oil in it.
- Apply the mixture on damp hair and massage well.
- Wash off with cold water after 30 minutes.
Aloe gel for soothing an itchy scalp:
Like on skin aloe vera gel also has a soothing effect on an itchy scalp and works wonders in controlling the itchiness and provides a cooling effect.You can use the gels available in market (I use the brihans aloe gel) or take out some pulp from it’s leaves and apply directly on scalp.
- Apply the gel/pulp on scalp
- Keep for as long as u want and wash it off
Have a great week ahead 🙂
– Guru K.
Image source : google.com
Make sure to use pure coconut oil. I like to use Parachute Coconut Oil . You can find this at any Indian grocery stores.
Plus this will be a cheaper!
1. Eye Makeup Remover: Coconut oil is a great way to use as a makeup remover without breaking out. Take a cotton swab and pour some coconut oil on it, then use it wherever makeup applied. Removes eyeliner/mascara very quick 🙂
2. Hair Deep Conditioner: Heat up some coconut oil in a bowl and then massage the oil onto your hair. Leave it overnight and wash it off the next day. Do this once or twice a week but not everyday!
3.Eyelash Strengthener: Whenever I remove my mascara, I like to dab on some coconut oil on my eyelashes. This conditions the eyelashes and helps to become stronger.
4.Shaving Cream: Instead of using shaving creams, use coconut oil which will also moisturize your skin.
5. Cuticle Oil : Dab some coconut oil on where there is dry skin on your fingers this will help them look nice & healthy 🙂
If an award were to be given for a brand with the most attractive advertisements for hair care product’s category then garnier would win it hands down ,(don’t you all just love the ads??my favourite was the one that had priyanka dancing with a puppy , though it was for a different product ) & then there is the funky packaging (shiny orange , yellow and green bottles ) that makes us want to get our hands on the products ASAP. But it would also win in the category of “ The brand that almost every time fails to live up to its staggering claims” .